Saturday, February 11, 2012

glaze?

I tallied the vote and Aquarium won first place with Surfer and Biscay in second.

I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed in the accuracy of my paint swatch which shows a smidgen more grey than the paint in reality possesses thus rendering the color a bit louder than I had anticipated. But we press on. My bff assures me that it looks great so I'm going with that.

I wood glued on a little scroll woodwork to the center that I bought at Lowe's for $7, and I am quite happy about it. Lit~Lass's comment about her piano's embellishments had me wishing for something of the sort but, come on, I can't draw anything, so I went with this instead and am pleased with the result.


The votes were evenly cast on whether to do the black-tinted glaze or to not do the black-tinted glaze, so I'm showing you the picture of the state of the piano as it is now, after 3 coats of Aquarium (semi-gloss Acrylic Latex), in its pre-glaze attire. (I thought about showing what it looked like wearing only the Kilz primer, but it was a bit immodest.)
Wait...one more thing. My camera stinks. The color you see below isn't as accurate as I would like. The real color is something between Aquarium and Synergy.

This is really not a great picture, but here ya go:


So, is everyone sticking with their former opinion on the glaze? I'm inclined toward it as the color is a bit brighter than the swatch I had to go on, but what do you say?

Read the previous post HERE.

7 comments:

Lydia said...

I'm having a hard time picturing it but it but a glaze might be really fun, looks good!

unfortunateme said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennie said...

Well this definitely answers the first piano post of whether to paint it. It looks great! I love the woodwork you added too. I was initially against the glaze, but I am thinking it would now be the icing on the cake :)

Katy said...

Glaze it, girl! I think it will look cool...kinda tone down the "loudness" if you will. I love the scroll woodwork. Great addition. Glad you went with painting the piano. This has been a fun project to be a part of. ;)

Bess said...

I feel the vibe of you leaning toward glazing. I'd like to see what it looks like, so go for it! I'll live vicariously through you! ;-) So far, it looks like a fun, cheerful project.

Bess said...

Odd. It says I posted at 3 something, but it's 6pm. Is your site set on English time or something? :-)

Esther said...

Thanks gals! I went with the glaze! I'm hoping to post some pictures tomorrow; My camera takes better pictures when the sun is out. Have I mentioned that I'm mad at it? I'd like to know what you think of the finished product!
Bess, I've never gone in and adjusted the time settings, but figure it's just as well because instead of lazily posting something mid-morning, the time will show I'm Miss Efficient posting at 6am or something.