Thursday, December 29, 2011

Quotes from 'The Inimitable Jeeves'


You always were a fat-headed worm without any soul, weren't you?


Young Bingo dived in like a homing rabbit.


He smirked in the most gruesome manner.


The old lemon is slightly clouded.


The good old persp. was bedewing my forehead by this time in a pretty lavish manner. I don't know when I've been so rattled.


I was feeling about as cheerio as possible under the circs.


He was one of those supercilious striplings, who give you the impression that you went to the wrong school and that your clothes don't fit.


She had a penetrating sort of laugh. Rather like a train going into a tunnel.


I flung open the door. I got a momentary flash of about a hundred and fifteen cats of all sizes and colours scrapping in the middle of the room, and then they all shot past me with a rush and out of the front door; and all that was left of the mob scene was the head of a whacking big fish, lying on the carpet and staring up at me in a rather austere sort of way, as if it wanted a written explanation and apology.


A roll and butter and a small coffee seemed the only things on the list that hadn't been specially prepared by the nastier-minded members of the Borgia family for people they had a particular grudge against, so I chose them.


He chuckled like the last bit of water going down the waste-pipe in a bath.

(Don't you wish you could include some of these one-liners in your everyday conversation?)

No comments: