Well, it's not the Great Sermon Handicap, but I thought it high time for a bit of sport. So grab the jigger, shaker, and the necessary tissue restoratives and give these "Wodehouseians" a gander. (You may look in any Wodehouse book if you are in need of assistance.)
Empress of Blandings
Lady Hermione Wedge
1) Which character (character, in every sense of the word) does the following describe? "After the life he had lead he had no right to burst with health, but he did. Where most of his contemporaries had long ago thrown in the towel and retired to cure resorts to nurse their gout, he had gone blithely on, ever rising on stepping stones of dead whiskeys and sodas to higher things. He had discovered the prime grand secret of eternal youth - to keep the decanter circulating, to stop smoking only when snapping the lighter for his next cigarette and never to retire to rest before three in the morning."
2) Who is it that "...eats broken bottles and is strongly suspected of turning into a werewolf at the time of the full moon?"
3) What is it that Bertie thinks a Trappist monk specializes in?
4) Who is it that is described as looking like a cook? And when perturbed, looking like a "cook who smells something burning?" (This is the same character whom Gally has seen "spanked by the Nanny with a hairbrush.")
5) This person frequently addresses Bertie as "a young blot," and is also known for having a voice of great volume (going back to hunting days).
6) Bertie frequently refers to a prize he won at school. What is it?
7) Which philosopher is Jeeves often reading?
8) What character is described as having a "friendly face", likes potatoes, and is adored by Lord Emsworth?