Wednesday, August 18, 2010

round 3




Well Anna, nice try, but it looks as if
this third round will be between the family.
For being a winner in the first round, however, you have won this
lovely postcard which reads, "hogs and kisses from Arkansas".






Now, back to business. I must remind my contestants (Lydrew and Bess) no looking stuff up. Now with that said, which one of our poets wrote:

A mirror on the waters, is the mind,
Yet the soul lies beneath, though it may sleep.

Bess, I'm rooting for you on this one. Otherwise, I have to pay shipping. Don't let me down.

3 comments:

Lydia said...

Two lines! That's it! The injustice, the indecency! What self respecting homo sapiens would pose such a ridiculous quandary? Hmmmm, Hmmmm?
With that said, the formerly big M (being without his large I) will have to be our conjecture for the mystery of the author of these meager TWO LINES.

Bess said...

I am a square chap and have nary looked up a line yet! Would take all the fun out of it. I know who I'm up against in this contest. I can smell his competitive sweat from 2000 miles away. Without a complaint from the hogs and kisses gallery, I wager it all on Keats.

Lydia said...

Well, stated my sis. That sweat u are smelling is fresh indeed! Drew and I have been knocking our heads together for the past few days trying to guess correctly. It has been taking some brain power that greatly needed to come out of hiding. I even started painting! Love you